Astrological Remedies For Health, Fitness And Vitality
By R.K. Eashvara Pillai
Diseases are denoted by the 6th house. Planets occupying the 6th house, those aspecting it, the lord of the 6th house, the Navamsaha occupied by the lord of 6th house, and the significators of the 6th house (Mars and Saturn) should be considered for predicting the diseases that the native will be prone to. The Zodiacal sign in the 6th house signifies the affected part of the body, and its lord signifies the diseases likely to be caused by it. However, it must be understood that each of the planets is capable of causing many a disease when afflicted or ill placed. A strong malefic planet in the 6th house can cause a disease during its period or sub-period.
Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are fiery signs which govern vitality and control such organs as the head, heart and thighs. Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn are earthy signs and control the bones and flesh. Gemini, Libra and Aquarius are airy signs and govern respiration and the lungs. Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces are watery signs that rule over the circulatory, digestive and excretory systems.
Not many people realize that our health can be tracked in the stars! Each of the planets and the signs has particular areas of the body that they influence through their ruler ship.
For example, Aries rules the head, brain and eyes, so people with the sign Aries prominent in their charts are subject to head injury, headaches, general problems with organs in the head and fevers (although the nose is ruled by Scorpio). Aries is such a headstrong sign!
One of the great things about Medical Astrology is that it can enable us to work around the timing of diseases, or accidental injuries, or other health problems and to estimate the duration of any illness. This is very useful, as well as being reassuring to sufferers.
Health issues are largely governed by the sixth house and its planetary ruler, along with the ascendant and its planetary ruler in a nativity (personal birth chart). The situation of the Sun and Moon are also significant, as are the placement of Saturn (chronic conditions) and Mars (acute conditions). Naturally the nativity must be viewed as a whole and these factors seen in context, especially with regard to the horary tool for astrological diagnosis.
We also have a health-oriented discussion of each sign and also offers Body Connection a fascinating health analysis of your horoscope by our expert astrologers, crammed with valuable information. This will reveal the influences on your health and wellbeing of the Sun, Moon, rising sign and all planets, the houses and the planetary aspects. Such an analysis is essential if you are concerned about the secret keys to your health and wellbeing as revealed through the stars.
As with everything in Vedic Astrology, we have to deal with the two fundamentals: the karma and destiny shown by the birth chart, and the activation of that karma shown by the predictive techniques, primarily the dasha (planetary period) system, and transits.
When considering natal health issues, the first step in analysis is to look at the Ascendant, the first house. The first house represents the body as a whole; therefore the strength of the first house is key to one’s ability to stay healthy and to overcome disease. The basic principles of determining strength in the chart are applied: is the ruler of the Ascendant (the planet that rules the sign in the first house) well-disposed in the chart (i.e., in its own sign or exalted, in a good house, not in the 6th, 8th, or 12th houses)? Is the Ascendant itself free of malefic influences? The association or aspect of the “natural malefics”, i.e., Mars, Saturn, Raghu, and Ketu, is considered detrimental. Do the Ascendant and its ruler have the good fortune of having benefic planets, i.e., Venus or Jupiter, influencing them?
Another key to overcoming disease is the natal vitality. Life Force is shown by the 8th house of the chart, which also indicates Longevity. Once again, the usual techniques are applied to evaluate the house and its ruler. A strong and well-disposed 8th house gives the karma of overcoming obstacles in life and the ability to regenerate one’s health.
EACH HOUSE OF THE ZODIAC REPRESENTS CERTAIN PARTS OF BODY:
2nd house : Mouth and Neck; Teeth
3rd house : Hands, Arms, Shoulders, Upper Lungs
4th house : Chest, Lungs, Heart 10th house : Knees
5th house : Stomach, Upper Digestive Tract 11th house : Lower Legs
7th house : Rectum, Pelvic Area
8th house : Genitals (and Longevity)
9th house : Hips, Thighs
Each planet governs specific body functions and parts of the anatomy:
Moon: Blood, Stomach, Breasts, Body Fluids, Heart-Mind (Feelings/ Psychological)
Mars: Muscles, Circulation of Blood
Venus:Uro-genital system, Kidneys, Hormones, Female organs
Saturn: Joints, Knees, Teeth
Additionally, the Natural Malefic planets, Mars, Saturn, Raghu, and Ketu, have areas of ill health that they specialize in:
- Mars governs Accidents, Injury, Fevers and Infections, and Surgery
- Saturn rules over Chronic Conditions, Debility, Exhaustion, and Depression
- Raghu presides over Unusual Diseases, Poisons, Cancer, Loss of Consciousness
- Ketu rules Mysterious Diseases, “Unseen” causes, i.e., Viruses and Parasites, and Karmic Diseases
COMBINATIONS LEADING TO DISEASES:
- Malefics in the 6th house with no benefic aspects cause frequent illness.
- If the lord of the 6th house occupies an evil house, i.e. 8th or 12th , the person concerned will suffer from diseases.
- When the lord of the 11th house is in the 6th house. It cause some complicated disease.
- If the Sun or Saturn and the lord of the 6th house are posited in the Lagna, the person will suffer from Leprosy.
- Mars in the Lagna, aspected by Saturn and the Sun, causes Smallpox.
- The association of the Moon and Saturn in the 12th house causes insanity to the person and producing mental disorder.
- When Jupiter occupies the 4th house, and is aspected by, or joined with Sun or Mars, the person suffers from heart diseases.
- The lords of the 2nd and 3rd house, along with Raghu cause throat complaints.
- Venus occupying the 8th house and aspected by malefics can cause diabetes.
- When Saturn is in the 7th house and aspected by Raghu, it may cause urinary troubles.